5 Simple Steps to make the Best Tempeh Tacos
Have you ever heard of tempeh? Well, if you haven’t then it is time to change it as it is the best meat alternative out there. It is made of fermented soybeans and it is a good source of protein.
Tempeh is a very versatile ingredient as it can be used in various dishes. The biggest advantage of using tempeh is that it does not need any cooking before eating. If you have an instant meal plan then you can use it without any issues.
You can use tempeh in different ways but the most common way is to prepare it as tacos. Yes, that’s right!
Here are the top 5 tips to make the best tempeh tacos:
- Advertisement -
1. Add the right amount of spices
The main thing about making a taco is that it should be spicy and delicious. Adding too much spice will make it too hot, so you need to add the perfect number of spices.
2. Add the right amount of lettuce
To make a great taco you need to add the right amount of lettuce, otherwise you won’t feel full. I know how important it is to eat salads but you can also make your salad with some beans and tempeh.
3. Add the right amount of sauce
To make a taco, you need to add some sauce. You can choose from tomato, salsa, ketchup, and even some homemade.
4. Use the right amount of rice
If you want to make the best tacos then you need to use the right amount of rice. You don’t want to fill up your tacos because it will make you feel bloated and full.
5. Make it extra crispy
The best way to make a taco is to use a griddle. It will help you to make the most delicious and crispy taco.
Here’s a table-style list of the ingredients and instructions for making Tempeh Tacos:
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Chili powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Toppings (lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, etc.)||As desired|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tempeh into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the tempeh pieces to the spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the tempeh out on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- While the tempeh is baking, warm the tortillas in the oven or on the stovetop.
- Once the tempeh is done, assemble the tacos with the tempeh and desired toppings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: This recipe makes 8 tacos.
I hope that these tips will help you to make the best taco. You can use it as an instant meal or if you are preparing a party then you can make a delicious taco salad.